The 10 Commandments of Advertising.
- Tell your clients the truth.
- Speak in plain English.
- Put your clients’ interests ahead of your own.
- Be guided by principles, not fads.
- Be modest in your promises.
- Make every client meeting as small and short as possible.
- Never bring up an issue unless you have a recommended solution.
- Never congratulate yourself or your agency.
- Be more prepared than your client.
- Always have a Plan B.
These apply to so many more fields than just advertising – for instance, running an IT business and dealing with clients…