I’ve been using ChatGPT for more and more random things lately, and tonight I asked it to help me out with dinner. I wanted a vegetarian chilli with eggplant, and here’s the recipe I came up with.
The only changes I made to the recipe was to add a tub of tomato paste, as it was a bit too liquid after it had cooked for 20 mins, and I bumped up the green chillis from one to two and increased the amount of garlic.
Vegetarian Bean Chilli
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 red capsicum, diced
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded (or not, depending on desired heat) and diced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 tin diced tomatoes
1 pot tomato paste
1 tin black beans, rinsed and drained
1 tin kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 tin corn, drained (or use 1 cup frozen corn kernels)
1 cup vegetable stock (dissolve 1 stock cube in 250mL hot water)
1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the cumin, paprika, cinnamon, coriander, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, black beans, kidney beans, corn, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, and diced avocado.
- Slice the eggplant into 2 cm thick rounds.
- Brush both sides of the slices with a small amount of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat.
- Cook the eggplant slices for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until softened and grill marks appear.
Serve the chilli with fresh guacamole, a sprinkle of cheese and a couple of slices of eggplant on the side.